It is known that a new strain of Covid-19 has been spreading over the UK in the last month and it seems to be more contagious than others known. But not everything is bad news, it has been found that the vaccines AtraZaneca and Pfzeir are highly effective against the virus, so holidays still on, do not panic yet.
The symptoms of this new strain are similar to other Covid-19 variants.
According to the NHS these are the most common symptoms:
- A high temperature (more than usual)
- A new, continuous cough meaning that if its found the cough for more than an hour or high episodes of coughing in 24 hours should check with a doctor
- Lossing or changing sense of smell or taste
The most affected areas by the indian variant in the UK are:
- London borough of Hounslow
- Blackburn with Darwen
- North Tyneside
A few cases have been found in Northern Ireland and Wales.
Here is a top 10 tips to stay safe:
- Get a PCR test if you have any symptoms. Following the link to our website by clicking here.
- When going to the pub avoid massive crowds
- Always wash and sanitize your hands (not only when going to the toilet)
- Maintain social distancing
- Wear a mask indoor (properly, not with the nose showing)
- Do not travel to red and amber listed countries
- Do not mix more than 2 households indoors
- Work from home when possible
- Minimize travel in and out of affected areas
- Make sure you follow the government guidelines (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do)
You should also:
- Get two tests and isolate if you are positive
- Work from home if possible
- Follow the NHS guidelines and get vaccinated when you are offered it
- Get local health advice linked to your area